Orientation and Goals
- Introduce Creative Commons and open business models work.
- Goal setting for the day.
- Parking fears of openness.
Getting model design juices flowing
- Using real case studies interactively explore how open business models work including examples from open source software, museums, authors, large platforms and other businesses.
- Explore and explain the rationale, benefits, and models of open businesses.
- Introduce the think different approach required for open business models design.
Building blocks individual business models
- Introduce the building blocks for what an open business model is.
- Review the core questions to ask in building out each component of an open business model.
- Using a template provided each participant designs a preliminary open business model for their institutions involvement with OERu.
- Additional design components developed based on time.
Open Business Model Design Sharing
- Group sharing of individual business models.
- Discussion of similarities and differences.
- Open business model gallery.
- Strategies for implementation.
- Testing the model out.
- Iterating open business models.