While the program is still under development, the following speakers have confirmed for Future Places:
- Philip Dean, Director of the Media Lab of the University of Art and Design Helsinki
- Steven Devleminck, Director of the Transmedia program of Hogeschool Sint-Lukas Brussels
- Caroline Frick, founder of the Texas Archive of the Moving Image and assistant professor at the School of Information and Department of Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin
- Mike Harding, the U.K. Ambassador to the Kingdoms of Elgaland-Vargaland (http://www.elgaland-vargaland.org), an international online art project, and co-publisher of Touch, an audio-visual publishing house based in the U.K.
- Ana Nassar of the Museu da Pessoa (Museum of the Person), Brazil (appearing in videoconference)
- BJNilsen, sound and recording artist, also performing at the Future Places festival welcome party on October 9